BY: “MickeyLovestheU” via the DisBoards
My wife and I just purchased at Vero; here are the reasons it made sense for us and our three year old daughters:
1. We have booked at least four summer nights a year for the past two years and planned on making it a summer getaway, for our family. Our cash bookings were already in excess of next year’s dues. With our points we will cover our trip and still have over sixty points left for another Vero or WDW low season trip.
2. We are Florida residents and are flexible with travel. A seven month window for WDW resorts works for us.
3. We also know that any property in Florida is susceptible to hurricane damage; ask the inland residents of Homestead and Weston, FL about their risk.
4. We couldn’t justify buying at a WDW resort for a higher point value for reduced dues, when we wanted to stay at Vero. I was told by a member, who owned at Aulani but lived in Illinois, “Buy where you love and enjoy trying a new resort when available.”
5. My family and I have also traveled to Aulani and sailed on Disney Cruise line. We love Disney beach vacations without the parks and ticket cost. We still have access to character dining, RF chipped refillable drink mugs, Mickey Ice cream bars and Pineapple Dole whip by the pool at Vero Beach.
We only had one reason not to buy at Vero. Unfortunately our dream resort of Castaway Cay Villas is only an imaginear’s dream.
Is Disney’s Vero Beach Resort right for your family? For more information about this resort and purchasing Disney Vacation Club: Vero Beach Resales