Disney World is a place where dreams come true, your imagination is set free and even the most responsible adults, turn into kids when they step foot into the park.
Disney is aimed at everyone old and young, however it is usually considered that those under five may not appreciate the park in all its glory. Those who’s little legs get tired quicker, those who are more likely to be restricted on rides due to their height.
Well, this is where this article will set your minds at ease, as there are several reasons as to why Disney World with children under five is still a magical experience that you need to try!
Advance Dining Reservations
All parents know the art to a smooth trip is planning. With Advance Dining Reservations (ADRs) you can book up to 180 days in advance for meals such as character breakfasts and Dinners.
Disney Dining Plan
Another meal perk is the ability to pre-pay for your food and drink. We all know the frustration of the kids becoming bored whilst waiting to pay your bill in a busy place, but with Disney Dining Plan (DDP), it allows for you to exchange your money for credits that are redeemable amongst most food service locations.
Most Disney parks operate a two line entrance to the park; a standby line which is for standard guests and a FastPass+ line, which allows those with a reservation to enter without queuing for too long.
This FastPass+ is where you are given an allocated time slot to go on the ride. However you are limited to 3 advance reservations per day per ticket and only selected rides offer this service.
My Disney Experience
Disney have created an all-in-one web portal that allows guests to book and manage their trip. They can make FastPass+ selections, set Advance Dining Reservations, check times of shows and entertainment and find answers to FAQ. My Disney Experience can also be downloaded as an App to your phone to be used on the go!
Extra Magic Hours
Take advantage of the additional park hours that are exclusively for use by guests of Walt Disney World resort hotels and select partner hotels. Us parents know that little ones are early risers, and the rush of all the Disney excitement may keep them awake longer than usual so use these extra hours to go on the most popular rides.
If you research popular rides and their queue times, then you can be practical and beat the queues! The extra hours do change daily so do make sure you check the guides for details.
There are pushchair rental centres in Magic Kingdom Park, Epcot, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom Theme Park and Disney Springs. This means you can leave your buggy behind and save more space for shopping woohoo!
This is perfect if you have a little one who wants to go on a ride repeatedly or have a sibling who doesnt want to go on a ride! Rider Switch gives everyone a turn while also stopping little ones from waiting unsupervised.
The way this works is that some of your group will enter the line, and the rest of the group will wait in a designated area. When the first group finishes, the adult takes over supervision and the waiting group boards without waiting in line.
Disney Springs is comprised of four areas:
1) The Landing – this contains most of Disney’s newest restaurants and signature nightlife.
2) The Marketplace – a shopping district with World of Disney and multiple themed restaurants.
3) Town Center – designer and branded shops alongside a large-scale bar
4) West Side – The old classic entertainment facilities of Downtown Disney.
Walt Disney World Relaxing Activities
Taking time to unwind is easy at Disney World with the choice of the following:
1) Epcot’s Fantasia Gardens and Fairways Miniature Golf for children aged three and up.
2) Movies under the stars – All of the Disney Resorts have regular outdoor movie schedules which all Disney guests can attend for free by jumping on a bus from a park to the resort in question.
3) Explore woodland trails with bikes thanks to Disney’s Bike Rentals, including a 2, 4 or 6 person surrey bike!
4) Retail Therapy at any of the Disney shops.
Disney Water Parks
Disney has two Water Parks, Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach. Both are brilliant to chill out after a few days of hustle and bustle. These two places have splash zones, white sandy beaches and a lazy river. Genuinely perfect especially with little ones!
Attractions for Kids Aged 0-5
There are many things to do with under fives including exploring the depths of the ocean at The Seas with Nemo and Friends in Epcot, Toy Story Mania in Hollywood Studios and experiencing a world of dinosaur discoveries at The Boneyard playpark in Animal Kingdom. There is also Dumbo the Flying Elephant, The Magic Carpets of Aladdin and Under the Sea – Journey of The Little Mermaid all in Magic Kingdom.
If after all of the above you find your little ones are in need of some down time then why not try the following spots:
1) Gorilla Falls in the Animal Kingdom – Enjoy the trail full of exotic animals and forestry.
2) Walt Disney World Railroad – Why not take in the views and admire Magic Kingdom park in full.
3) Disney Shows – Watch Beauty & the Beast Live on Stage, Festival of the Lion King, Disney Junior on Stage are just the start.
4) Tikes Peak & the Beach at Blizzard Beach Water Park has miniature rides for little ones.
5) The Sea Base in Future World at Epcot – Surround yourself with marine life in the 5.7 million -gallon aquarium.
With all these tips in mind, I am sure you will have the most amazing time and if you have anymore questions feel free to message me over on Twitter or Facebook.